Monday, October 21, 2013

Chair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Hey folks! Sorry, it's been a while. The house has been keeping us very busy these days with housal (vs. spousal) honey-do lists that put a senate budget proposal to shame! The busy times shall pass.

In an attempt to clear my pictures folder, I shall tell you the fate of this lovely brown early to mid century chair.

It was lovely, although a bit well-loved on the arms when I picked it up on Craigslist. One of the cats, Moxi was drawn to it, despite being yelled at each time she drew near. Unfortunately,  Cleo had other ideas and claimed it as her own. And by claim, I mean... the ultimate claim. My exasperated response was to de-upholster it in the garage in a fit of rage, which was a fun project in and of itself. It was like sifting through the chairs history, looking under the covers of the many other lives it had lived. I found at least four different materials used over the last 50 years.

I had every intent to get it upholstered because the lines were so cool on it, but it wasn't meant to be. The frame will go out on big item day this month. We will see if any other picker would be interested in reviving her and I will also post a curb alert with hopes that someone will give her a good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment